Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What inspires you?






What inspires you? What is your go to place to find inspiration for your projects? How do you go about starting?

And the best question: how many projects do you have started right now?









The last question is easy for me.  Right now I have three projects started.

1.  I have a scarf with a pattern that when I saw it I grabbed a ball of yarn and my knitting needles and had to try it out. The yarn isn't quite right for this project.  It is a scarf and the yarn is 100% wool and a bit itchy.  I am not sure I will want it next to my neck for very long.  I will most likely pull it out and start over with a softer yarn.

2. I have a quilt that I am hand quilting.  It is on hold right now because it is a donation quilt and I haven't heard back from the people I am donating it to.  Once I hear back from them I will get on this project again.

3.  I have another scarf. It is an infinity scarf that I am crocheting.  I love love LOVE this pattern and I have several in different colors.  This one is in a bright pink/coral color.  It is fun and easy to crochet. I have two rows done and have 8-13 more before I will call it done.

I find that I draw inspiration from my yarns.  They talk to me.  Sometimes they scream what they want  to become.  Other times I have to live with it a while before it speaks to me about what it wants to become.

I also find inspiration from other blogs, patterns and websites with crafty ideas.  Pinterest is a great source for inspiration but sometimes there is just too much on there.  There are two sites that I love.

www.allfreeknitting.com

www.allfreecrochet.com

These two sites are awesome for inspiration.  The patterns are completely free and you can sign up for their daily emails.  These emails give me lists of similar patterns.  For example one day I find 10 free scarf patterns.  Or 10 free hat patterns.  I find myself clicking all the links and seeing what the patterns are.  I often find myself grabbing a ball of yarn and my needles to try out a pattern.  They often link to some great blogs and websites that I never knew existed. Other times the patterns are directly on their own site.

So what gives you inspiration?

No comments: